Thinking Routine: Compass Point
SKU: BC ITR Compass points Categories: BACK TO SCHOOL IDEAS, Codes and Problem Solving Topics, Community and Identity Topics, ENGLISH WORKSHEETS, Exploring perspectives, Inquiry based on prior knowledge, Inquiry based teaching and learning, INQUIRY RESOURCES and EXERCISES, MATH WORKSHEETS, Meaning Making and Expression Topics, Natural Cycles and Order Topics, PARENT IDEAS, Plan and Choose, Provocations and Prior Knowledge, Reflect and Connect, SCIENCE WORKSHEETS, SOCIAL STUDIES and ARTS WORKSHEETS and EXERCISES, SUBJECTS, Systems and Organisations Topics, TEACHING STRATEGIES AND PROTOCOLS, Think and Act, TOPIC based Clipart, TOPICS and THEMES, Viewing the Past and The Future Topics, Visible Thinking Routines Tags: collaboration, differentiation, discovering, English, inquiry, Inquiry resources and exercises, mathematics, problem solving, reflection, science, social studies, team work, visible learning, visible thinking
A thinking routine for planning and preparing for an inquiry. It is a great routine for bringing forward ideas, prior knowledge and a learner’s personal ideas and engagement possibilities with an inquiry topic.
- Pictorial prompts to support students accessing and beginning to use and understand visible thinking routines.
- The picture prompts are reused in other resources to provide clues to learners who are new to reading or the English language.
- This is a core resource for learners beginning to develop a common language of learning in the class community.
- This is a step-by-step routine that can be printed on an individual card. This allows and encourages learners to become aware of the order and process they are taking when exploring a topic.
- It can be used with very young learners right through to senior staffroom personnel.