‘HIDE and SEEK’ READING STRATEGIES
‘HIDE and SEEK’ READING STRATEGIES – Inferential Reading Strategies
As readers begin to dig deeper into the implied or inferred ideas present in the texts they use ideas, skills and strategies that enable them to:
- To use facts (in text or images) to explore inferred ideas
- Form predictions or develop informed guesses
- Explore sequences, settings and hidden plot ideas
- Extend phonological awareness and develop vocabulary banks
- Use the understanding that reading is a two-way process to explore other connections texts might have.