ACTIVITIES FOR EARLY YEARS
The following is a set of activities for children to do in order to develop an understanding of the how, what and why people record, share and receive ideas.
The purpose of these activities are to invite younger children to think about
- What shapes and lines do people use to form letters and numbers?
- What way to draw our letters or numbers?
- What directions do we use when reading?
- Why do you think people write ideas down?
- What are some of the different ways we can record a message or idea?
- What are some of the different ways we can share a message or idea?
- How are letters different to sounds?
- What do you know about letters and sounds?
- Do you think letters and sounds are connected? How?
- How do people read?
- Why do people read?